Okay gang, the semi-final round is now open for voting! Voting will be open until 12:30 a.m. Wednesday, June 20th. Here are the final two match-ups:
Click Here to VOTE NOW!
Voting is open to everyone but only those who registered their predictions during the two Prediction phases are eligible to win prizes. Good luck to the four finalists and to all of our participants. May the best alphas win!
June 18th, 2012 at 12:52 am
I have to say that although I never considered Trueblood actor Alexander Skarsgard as portraying any other vampire other than resident Bad Boy Eric Northman, I am now picturing him playing Vishous from JR Ward’s Black Dagger Brotherhood series. Vgl ran a series of photos yesterday from an article that ran in Interview magazine and judging by the shots I’d say that Alex would be a shoe-in for the role of V. What do you think?
Single leather glove? Check. Bondage bed? Check. Dark & Brooding? Double Check.
See more photos from the shoot here.
June 1st, 2011 at 2:10 pm
JR Ward has revealed the cover for Lover Unleashed, the 9th book in the Black Dagger Brotherhood series. Lover Unleashed is Payne and Manny’s story and it hits the bookshelves on March 29th 2011. It is currently available for pre-order from Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Borders.
Synopsis: Payne, twin sister of Vishous, is cut from the same dark, seductive cloth as her brother. Imprisoned for eons by their mother, the Scribe Virgin, she finally frees herself – only to face a devastating injury. Manuel Manello, MD, is drafted by the Brotherhood to save her as only he can – but when the human surgeon and the vampire warrior meet, their two worlds collide in the face of their undeniable passion. With so much working against them, can love prove stronger than the birth right and the biology that separate them.
November 10th, 2010 at 11:08 am
Paranormal Bites Top 10 Vampires
(In no particular order)
1. Victor McKell – Gena Showalter’s Alien Huntress series
2. Wrath – JR Ward’s Black Dagger Brotherhood series
3. Vishous – JR Ward’s Black Dagger Brotherhood series
4. Qhuinn – JR Ward’s Black Dagger Brotherhood series
5. Damian – Laurell K Hamilton’s Anita Blake series
6. London – Laurell K Hamilton’s Anita Blake series
7. Conall Dearghul – Larissa Ione’s Demonica series
8. Wraith – Larissa Ione’s Demonica series
9. Conrad Wroth – Kresley Cole’s Immortals After Dark series
10. Malkom Slaine – Kresley Cole’s Immortals After Dark series
11. Lucan Thorne – Lara Adrian’s Midnight Breed series
12. Dante – Lara Adrian’s Midnight Breed series
13. Tegan – Lara Adrian’s Midnight Breed series
14. Nicholas Argeneau – Lynsay Sands Argeneau series
15. Simon Chase – Cynthia Eden’s Night Watch series
Hmmm… a little off the Top 10 mark, I know. But I could have easily added even more. Trust me. Every one of the series mentioned above features even more sexy vamps and I haven’t even mentioned Christine Feehan’s Dark series vamps, Jeaniene Frost’s Night Huntress hunks or D.B. Reynolds Vampires in America boys! I really am trying to work with the restraint thing, honest, but how any healthy PNR fan can limit their selection to a mere 10 vamps is beyond me. Heck, I’m getting all warm and fuzzy feeling just writing this list!
As we close in on Halloween I am posting a few Top 10 lists of some of my favourite paranormal/Halloween related themes, beginning with Vampires, Demons and Weres. I’ll also be hosting a contest or two related to these lists and the first one is currently under way.
Since Larissa Ione’s most current Demonica book, Sin Undone, features all three groups in one title I’ll be offering a Demonica prize pack containing a copy of Sin Undone, a Demonica pen, Underworld General sticky note pad, and book marks.
To enter you must post a relevant comment on all three lists – Demons, Vampires and Weres (coming soon) – “enter me” or “nice list” won’t cut it.
October 16th, 2010 at 8:00 am
Happy Friday Peeps! I know that I shared my fantasy Black Dagger Brotherhood boys with you all back in the spring but Tricia Picky Schmitt just posted her version of one of my favourite brothers today as part of her Free Wallpaper Fridays and I just had to share it with you… Talk about getting the weekend off to a good start!
The Gloss recently posted “10 Vampires More Dateable Than Edward Cullen” and three characters from HBO’s True Blood made the cut – Eric, Bill and Pam. I totally agree with Eric and Pam but I never warmed up to the character of Bill Compton. Stephen Moyer, the actor who portrays Compton in the series, is entirely dateable as himself; I’m just not sold on the character of Bill, especially as the book series progresses.
I haven’t seen Daybreakers or Dark Shadows so I don’t have an opinion about the characters from those movies that made the list, but with the exception of Damon Salvatore (played by Ian Somerhalder) from The Vampire Diaries, none of the other vamps listed did a thing for me.
The list of dateable vampires focused on those portrayed in popular movies and television shows only and that’s a shame. There are so many other dateable vamps to be found within the pages of our favourite paranormal romance novels! My personal list, not necessarily in order, would look something like this: Continue Reading…
Here’s a fun meme that’s just perfect for a rainy Hump Day evening…
“If tagged, you need to list (and then explain your reasoning) 5 characters you’d like to do the horizontal whiplash with.” Seems simple enough, right? Wrong! As a woman who reads paranormal romance voraciously as her chosen escape from reality (and ’cause I have no actual love life of my own), I frequently fall madly in lust with Mr. Tall Dark and Brooding du jour. How in the hell am I supposed to limit my list to a mere five characters???
So here goes nothing… My fantasy lovers, in no particular order, are as follows:
1) Larissa Ione’s Seminus Brothers – Eidolon, Shade, Wraith and Lore. Yup, there are four of them but being the completely reasonable gal that I am I couldn’t possible pit siblings against one another. It just wouldn’t be right. And these succubus demons are Sheoul’s gift to females everywhere! They were made for lovin’ and they embrace their role seriously. And did I mention they’re total alpha male hawt? With lines like,
“I can smell your desire, Runa,” he murmured in a coaxing, seductive tone. “You’re blooming for me like a flower.” (Desire Unchained, Larissa Ione)
“I wonder,” he purred, “how your desire would taste.” (Pleasure Unbound, Larissa Ione)
Who could resist?
2) Kresley Cole’s Woede Brothers – Cadeon and Rydstrom. More demon siblings so again, I can’t pit them against each other. Despite their classification as Rage Demons, these brothers are both sexy as hell, sweet, and totally smitten with their mates. Who wouldn’t fall for a male who says,
“Cwena, if we are apart, it’s only because I’m not done fighting my way to you.” (Kiss of a Demon King, Kresley Cole),
“Gods, brother, that woman quicks my wick.” (Kiss of a Demon King, Kresley Cole),
“There, now, a good hiss never hurt anyone.” (Dark Desires After Dusk, Kresley Cole)
3) Kresley Cole’s MacRieve boys – brothers Lachlain & Garreth, and cousin Bowen. Bowen is as close to his cousins as they are to each other so the same rule applies as above – close relatives count as one vote. Uber hot lycans (werewolves), the MacRieve boys carry on the sexy alpha male trend. They pursue their mates with a determination that knows no bounds – not time, location, physical or emotional pain. They treat their women like queens and delight in spoiling them. Case in point –
Did he even pretend to know why she needed hundreds of bottles of nail polish? No, but he like that when he kissed her wee toes, he never knew what color they’d be. (A Hunger Like No Other, Kresley Cole)
4) J.R. Ward’s Wrath and Vishous of the Black Dagger Brotherhood, and close ally Rehvenge. Not technically brothers but united in purpose and blood and that’s good enough for me! Dark, sexy vampires, damaged by their past. They are all extremely intelligent, calm in the face of battle, ruthless to their mutual enemies, and kind & loving with their mates and fellow BDB members. They have a way of making their loved ones feel safe and I can’t help but be drawn to their pain as they struggle against their inner demons. And to top it off, these guys all have a great sense of humour as well. A few favourite quotes:
“But Beth?” She was barely conscious. Completely consumed by his touch. “Umm?” “Do you want to know what you taste like?” he said against her breast. … “Peaches,” he said, shifting her body, moving downward with his mouth, kissing the skin of her stomach.. “Like easting peaches. Silky flesh on my lips and tongue as I suck. Smooth and sweet down the back of my throat when I swallow.” … “Just like peaches,” he said, stripping off her panties. “And I love peaches.” ~ Wrath (Dark Lover, J.R. Ward)
Vishous glanced at the king. “You told me I could beat him. You promised.” “As soon as you come home,” Wrath said as he got to his feet, “we’ll hang him up by his armpits in the gym and you can use him as a punching bag.” “Thank you, baby Jesus”. (Lover Avenged, J.R. Ward)
… Rehv laughed and clapped his palms together. “Hot damn, girl. You are so the shit.” (Lover Revealed, J.R. Ward)
5) Damn, are we at number five already? That was quick! My final choice would be <takes deep breath> Sherrilyn Kenyon’s Acheron, Vane, Fury, Dante, Talon, and Wren. Yeah, I know that I can’t use the sibling/relative excuse for this one but being Dark and Were Hunters who all have to deal with the soul-sucking Daimons I’m going to let this one slide. What’s so hot about this group of males that makes me want to get all down & dirty with them? Well, they all share those characteristics that I find so irresistible in a man/demon/vampire/were – honour, a strong sense of right & wrong, a need to protect and see justice done. Not to mention the fact that they are all gorgeous, sexy, tortured men who treat their mates like goddesses. What’s not to love?
6) I know, I know, I was supposed to stop at five but think of this one as a non-literary bonus pick… Captain Jack Sparrow as portrayed by the extremely versatile Johnny Depp. With that constant twinkle in his eye, I just can’t resist the mischievous Cap’n Jack. He’s got a bit of Peter Pan in him that just melts my heart. Oh, and I love the eyeliner! Sexiest pirate ever!
Who would you pick for your top five characters to play indoor sports with?
Tagging the following blogs -
Babbling About Books and More
Demon Lover’s Book Reviews
Laura Stamps: Naughty Musings of a Magickal Sex Goddess
Mommy Wants Vodka
Smokin’ Hot Books
June 16th, 2010 at 11:57 pm
monday you can hold your head
tuesday wednesday stay in bed
or thursday watch the walls instead
it’s friday i’m in love
That’s right, it’s Friday – Fantasy Friday – that is, and we’re reviewing the sexy vamps of the Black Dagger Brotherhood. And while I am sure that J.R. Ward would tell us that her boys do NOT listen to The Cure, the lyrics are pretty damn appropriate considering how I feel about my Fantasy Friday guys! So who am I lovin’ today? Continue Reading…
Okay Peeps, just picture it – Those tasty BDB muffins Rhage and Vishous decide to give up knitting and take up baking instead… And of course they draft V’s boy Butch to help out. What would we get? Why, Butch Bakery, of course, of course! (V got to name the bakery. All he had to do was take off that infamous leather glove and look Rhage in the eye and “Butch Bakery” was born, lol).
And check out their “Butch MAN-ifesto” –
Our objective is simple. We’re men. Men who like cupcakes. Not the frilly pink-frosted sprinkles-and-unicorns kind of cupcakes. We make manly cupcakes. For manly men.
Dontcha just love it!?! I wonder which flavour is Vishous’ favourite –
Home Run, Big Papi, Driller, Jackhammer or Tailgate?
Butch it up, These ain’t your grandma’s cupcakes, Buttercup!
May 14th, 2010 at 2:05 am
I love me some BDB and V is one of my favourites. I was totally hoping that he and Butch could get over their macho guy-ness and let nature take it’s course and it looks like it finally has…
Stop by Smexy Books for the best BDB scene that never was. You’re going to love it!
April 20th, 2010 at 11:19 am